Friday, November 7, 2008

First Real Post

This is my first art blog... I'm not really sure what to write.

It's getting to the point in my life as an "artist" where I feel like I'm falling behind when I'm not putting my work out there, showing it selling it, whatever. This isn't high school any more, where we made drawings and doodles for fun; I'm now almost forty thousand dollars in debt from just learning what art is and how to make it. It makes me dizzy to think about it, but that's the way it is.

I wanted to make this blog chronological, so I figure I'll start by posting some of my "old" drawings. These are from the summer before college and the beginning of my freshman year.





















Emily, my cousin.






















A quick sketch of my fiance.

















Practice capturing likenesses?




Anyway, I suppose we'll see where this blog takes me. Til next time,

LJ

No comments: